Founded in 2005, MSI Mold is a leading plastic molded parts manufacturer in the United States. Customers have trusted us time and time again for plastic part design and engineering, custom injection molding, prototype injection molding, and more. Learn more about what we do below, or contact us today to get started with a quote.
Since our founding, we’ve expanded our services to better help our customers. Our custom mold making and production capabilities include:
- High-Speed Vertical Machining Centers With 18,000 RPM Spindles
- 4-Axis Turning With Live Tool Mill-Turn Machining
- Multiple CAD/CAM Seats
- 50-inch x 37-inch x 16-inch Mold Build Envelope (Per Mold Half)
- 120 Ton, 5.7 Ounce Through 310 Ton, 22-Ounce Servo-Electric Injection Molding Machines
- Material Dryers Capable of 302 Degrees Fahrenheit at -49 Dew Point
- Specializing in Production Quantities From 100 to 100,000 Units Per Order
Additionally, our expanded facility is fully climate-controlled. All of our machines are equipped with statistical quality monitoring, and our servo-electric machines use 50 to 60% less power than traditional injection molding machines. Have questions? Call us today!
Common Materials We Use
We use a variety of plastic materials, and we can customize them to meet your needs. Some of the materials we commonly use include:
- ABS: General purpose material with good strength.
- Nylon: Temperature-resistant, and features good strength, stiffness, and hardness.
- Polycarbonate: Transparent or colored, tough, UV-resistant plastic.
- Acetal: Wear- and solvent-resistant, and offers high strength and stiffness.
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane: Flexible, super tough, and rubber like plastic.
- Polyethylene: A general purpose, chemical-resistant plastic that is tough at cold temperatures.
This list is only a few of the plastics we stock in our library of plastic materials. Reach out to us today to learn more about all of our options, and to see which type of plastic is right for your project.
How Does MSI Mold Manufacturer Plastic Parts?
Before we build any customer molds or produce any plastic parts, we study your part design for manufacturing feasibility and collaborate with you to better understand your needs. Once we have a better understanding of your production requirements and expectations, we start the manufacturing process, which includes:
- Determining which plastic is best to use.
- Creating a preliminary injection mold design.
- Finalizing the mold design after careful review.
- Building the mold.
- Developing the molding process through careful mold trials and creating production samples.
- Finalizing the molding process after customer-approved samples are achieved.
- Starting full production.
If you have questions about injection molding, please take a look at our FAQ. If you don’t see your question listed here, contact us today.
How Much Will My Mold Cost?
There are a number of factors that will impact the price of your plastic mold. Some of the most important factors include the size of your part, the complexity of the part design, the dimensional tolerances the part will require, the aesthetic appearance requirements for the part, and the number of parts you will need produced each year. Every custom project begins with us providing you with a detailed quotation.
Why Work With a USA-Based Plastic Parts Manufacturer?
If your company needs an injection-molded plastic parts manufacturer, please support companies in the United States. You’ll not only be supporting our collective strength as a country, but also benefiting from better communication, consistent quality, faster lead times, and competitive pricing.
There was a time in the United States when large corporations opted to outsource their manufacturing; this was mostly due to a 1979 bilateral trade agreement between the United States and China. As a result of this trade agreement, cheaper production parts and tooling became the standard. The phrase “they don’t make them like they used to,” was consistently heard during this period of time.
After the trade agreement, the U.S. plastic manufacturing industry was stagnant for more than 35 years, until recently. Many companies are now starting to reinvest in American-made products, and this is largely due to the fact that American-made products are made to last. When you purchase American-made plastic parts, you won’t ever think “they don’t make them like they used to.” Get the quality you deserve by investing in a USA-based plastic parts manufacturer like MSI Mold.
Why Should I Choose MSI Mold?
MSI Mold is a USA-based plastic molded parts manufacturer. All of our injection molding is done in-house, and never outsourced to places like China. We also provide free part design consultations and back every customer injection mold we build with a lifetime warranty.
Our first article lead times can range from 5 days to 14 weeks, depending on the scope of the project. Our quotations include the overall cost of the tooling, production part pricing, and the expected time of delivery. No matter how complex the project is, you can always count on us for on-time delivery and defect-free production parts.
Interested in Learning More? Contact Us Today!
Work with an American plastic molded parts manufacturer today. MSI Mold helps clients in a wide array of industries, and specializes in prototype and production plastic injection molding.
If you have a project in mind, please contact us today to request a consultation with one of our sales engineers.