Whether your goal is to produce complex custom plastic components, manage compressed lead time requirements, or find a highly reliable and trustworthy manufacturing company, partnering with MSI Mold as your custom injection molding company has significant benefits.
Not All Plastic Injection Molding Companies Are the Same
Working with a professional means getting specialized expertise during every stage of your manufacturing project, from design and material selection to production and assembly.
When the right professionals handle your plastic injection molding project, you’ll get consistently high-quality plastic components that meet your specific needs.
And, because plastic injection molding is a highly repeatable process that can be done quickly (once the tooling has been created), high-quality injection molding companies ensure you meet production deadlines.
Criteria for Choosing the Right Custom Injection Molding Company
To find the right custom plastic injection molding company, you’ll need to consider a few factors, including:
- Industry Knowledge: The company should possess a proven history of producing components from many different materials and be well-versed with the demands of your specific industry or niche.
- Technical Expertise: They should showcase adeptness in all facets of custom plastic injection molding, from conceptualization and tooling to the final production and assembly stages.
- Customer Service: The right company will prioritize customer satisfaction, providing responsive, efficient service, and transparency throughout the manufacturing process.
- Quality Assurance: Look for companies with flexibility in creating custom quality control procedures for your parts, ensuring the production of high-quality parts. While you can look for basic ISO certifications, it’s best to visit your target injection molding suppliers, walk their production floors, and understand firsthand how quality control is handled.
- Chemistry & Communication: Good injection molding companies should be easy to work with and be able to guide you through the entire molding process for the best possible results. Look for companies that offer assistance with part design, prototyping, and assembly. Look for companies that ask you about your needs and move away from injection molders that seem difficult to work with.
Before you consult with any plastic molding company, you’ll want to be sure you have outlined your needs.
Identifying Your Needs
Determining your specific needs involves outlining the scope of your project, the intricacy of the components you want to produce, and the expected production volume.
You should also have a good understanding of what appearance requirements are needed for the application and if there are any surface finish requirements.
Lastly, you’ll need to develop a budget for your project and ensure the company can produce components within this budget. Please view our Costs of Injection Molding blog for a better look at calculating potential expenses.
Start Your Search With MSI Mold
With the right plastic injection molding company, you can get fast lead times and reliable product quality and deliveries. If you’re searching for the right company, start with MSI Mold.
Founded in 2005, we’re a full-service plastic injection molding manufacturer located in the United States. We offer a wide range of capabilities, from in-house part design and tooling to prototyping and full production services. We can handle low- and high-volume production orders and we practice 5S and lean manufacturing methods to reduce process waste and improve efficiency.
You can view some of our work here. If you have questions about our services and capabilities, or want to schedule a free design consultation, please complete our online form today. We look forward to hearing from you!